Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Transform Your Physique

Body image is a personal thing. If you have a silhouette that you are not particularly proud of, you might have also the desire to change it. In my case, I was skinny, skinny, almost emaciated,with a long neck, skinny fingers, the whole picture. Worse yet, my rivals in school, neighborhood enemies, all yelled out negatively, "Hey, skinny!" I knew I was skinny. I did not have to be told. My image in the mirror was a face with sunken cheekbones, long neck, protruding clavicle and shoulder bones.


I was never particularly fond of the Charles Atlas ads that had the skinny guy thrown sand in his eyes and his girlfriend taken away from him by a burly, muscular gorilla. It was a turn off because I felt that the girl was not worth it if she was that fickle. At any rate, I took it upon myself to transform my body, if only to pack a little more muscle to hide my bones. I failed to tell you that I could run fast, and enjoyed it so much that my bones protruded because of all that running. I slowed that part down, ate a little more, and increased my poundages that I began to lift via weights. Initially, all I lifted were cement blocks that I found, and ended up curling a 75 lb.semi-truck drive shaft I found a couple of miles away from our house. The gang bangers that harassed me began to take notice and started to leave me alone out of fear. My best friend, Danny, who had gone to the dark side of the ****ers,initially staved them off, but realized that I was finally big and muscular enough to take care of myself. It was almost like taking a quantum leap into a metamorphosis world to create, sculpt my own body image that verily transformed my life as well. I went on to bench 450 lbs. on the bench in high school and won the competition against grown men from the nearby air force base. I was squatting 650 lbs. in the same competition, won that one, but the bar was bent with so much weight that it had to be pulled off me by six men.In those days barbell bars were made only out of bronze, not steel or chrome. Personally, those wins were phenomenal because of my young age, but more importantly, I felt especially proud that I had the courage and desire to change my physique in a positive way without steroids, only good,enriching food, and lots of weights.


Instructions


Transform Your Physique


1. Size up your physique, your silhouette in the mirror. Don't be afraid to scrutinize how you look. If you are thin, skinny as I was, state it to yourself, because that is what others see. Instead of running away and hiding, run toward it with gusto, the transformation will come.


2. Analyze what you eat. In my case I had to increase the quantity to substantiate the increasing workouts with weights. I found out quickly, for example, what proteins were and what foods contain them, for they are what make your muscles grow. Modify your cardio, increase it if you wish to lose, reduce it somewhat to increase your size of muscles. Study the muscle development magazines such as "Muscle & Fitness" and pick some heroes that have forms similar to yours and who have transformed their bodies. Keep that body image in mind and their image will become yours.


3. Workout regularly straddling your weight days with your cardio days. Try not to have both the same day. Don't overdo.Focus on the body part to be worked out with all your power and work out in front of a mirror to will the weight to go up and down and your muscles to grow--and they will. The mind and the body in total sync can do wondrous things to the body image.


4. There is no need to enter contests, for many it is like the whole purpose or objective, to impress others. Impress only yourself. In the confines of your garage, your study area, wherever you find solace, you will run into yourself only. It is you, your mind and your will that will transform your physique forever.